- Lebanon politics impoverishes Lebanese | Opinion – Asia Times January 28, 2020
Lebanon politics impoverishes Lebanese | Opinion Asia Times
- Lebanese and Iraqi protests confront Iran’s ambitions | Op-eds – Gulf News January 26, 2020
Lebanese and Iraqi protests confront Iran’s ambitions | Op-eds Gulf News
- What to expect from a new Lebanese government: “Anti-corruption” as witch hunt – Brookings Institution January 25, 2020
What to expect from a new Lebanese government: “Anti-corruption” as witch hunt Brookings Institution
- Lebanon’s Halloween Government January 23, 2020
Protesters are right—the extent to which the country’s new cabinet brings it closer to Iran is spooky.
Source: Lebanon’s Halloween Government
- Resolving Lebanon’s financial crisis – Jad Khallouf * January 22, 2020
Lebanese resilience is severely tested by the ongoing financial crisis. Economic and social costs are overwhelming, small businesses and jobs have disappeared, while poverty has spiraled out of…
- Road Map to an Orderly Restructuring of Lebanese Public Sector Debt January 20, 2020
We believe Lebanon’s public debt is unsustainable. We strongly recommend that the Lebanese government commences with a comprehensive restructuring effort to bring down the debt burden to a level the country can afford.
- New phase of struggle opens in Lebanon – In Defence of Marxism January 20, 2020
New phase of struggle opens in Lebanon In Defence of Marxism
- On Paths of Leadership in Lebanon | Asharq AL-awsat – Asharq Al-awsat English January 19, 2020
On Paths of Leadership in Lebanon | Asharq AL-awsat Asharq Al-awsat English
- The battle of ‘resistance’ vs ‘revolution’ in the Middle East | Arab Spring | Al Jazeera January 17, 2020
The clash between the ‘resistance’ and ‘revolutionary’ movements will define the Middle East in the future.
Source: The battle of ‘resistance’ vs ‘revolution’ in the Middle East | Arab Spring | Al Jazeera
- Living Conditions Suffocate the Lebanese, Exacerbate their Suffering January 11, 2020
A series of crises have hit the Lebanese since the start of the new year, the most severe of which was perhaps more electricity rationing in most areas. No less important is the rationing of water and gas necessary for heating for a large part of the
Source: Living Conditions Suffocate the Lebanese, Exacerbate their Suffering
- Grappling between past and future: will Lebanon’s political economy reproduce itself? – Open Democracy January 10, 2020
Grappling between past and future: will Lebanon’s political economy reproduce itself? Open Democracy
Will Harirism resuscitate yet again, perhaps under a different face, or will the Lebanese people successfully bury it?
- Hezbollah has to decide whether Iran or Lebanon comes first – The Globe and Mail January 9, 2020
Hezbollah has to decide whether Iran or Lebanon comes first The Globe and Mail
- Lebanon’s Perfect Storm by Ishac Diwan – Project Syndicate January 9, 2020
After years of maintaining a dysfunctional political economy based on sectarianism and rentierism, Lebanon’s ruling elites are being confronted with simultaneous financial, economic, and political crises. The question now is how they respond to a reformist movement demanding fundamental change, including a new political settlement.
Lebanon’s Perfect Storm by Ishac Diwan Project Syndicate
- Home, Alone – Carnegie Middle East Center – Carnegie Endowment for International Peace January 8, 2020
Lebanon’s Sa‘d al-Hariri is facing a growing credibility problem that may prove to be fatal politically.
Source: Home, Alone – Carnegie Middle East Center – Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Relancer les capacités productives du Liban – Georges Corm * January 8, 2020
Le résultat de trente années de politique économique absurde nous a amenés à cette faillite retentissante de l’ensemble de l’économie libanaise, y compris son système monétaire et bancaire dont…
- Khanemei Losing Charm Within Civilian Support Base In Iran, Iraq And Lebanon – OpEd – Eurasia Review January 7, 2020
Khanemei Losing Charm Within Civilian Support Base In Iran, Iraq And Lebanon – OpEd Eurasia Review
- Lebanon’s Economic Crisis: A Ten Point Action Plan for Avoiding a Lost Decade – A Citizen Initiative January 6, 2020
The economic crisis is, at its core, a governance crisis emanating from a dysfunctional sectarian system that hindered rational policymaking and permitted a culture of corruption and waste.
- Entre les Libanais et leurs banques, la confiance est presque définitivement rompue January 6, 2020
Les articles publiés par Libnanews, le média citoyen du Liban
Alors que se multiplient sur les réseaux sociaux des vidéos montrant des épargnants libanais souhaitant retirer une partie de leurs argents faisant face au refus des établissements boursiers, on ne peut que noter qu’entre les Libanais et leurs banques, la confiance est presque définitivement rompue. La ...
- Ending Hezbollah’s Stranglehold Over Lebanon – The National Interest Online January 5, 2020
Ending Hezbollah’s Stranglehold Over Lebanon The National Interest Online
- Behind the glitz and glamour: Lebanon’s capital stripped bare in ‘Beirut, Naked City’ – The National January 4, 2020
Ieva Saudargaite Douaihi has captured the not-so-pretty side of buildings in Beirut for her new book
Source: Behind the glitz and glamour: Lebanon’s capital stripped bare in ‘Beirut, Naked City’ – The National
- Soleimani’s Assassination Complicates Political, Security Situation in Lebanon – Asharq Al-awsat English January 4, 2020
Soleimani’s Assassination Complicates Political, Security Situation in Lebanon Asharq Al-awsat English
- What protests in Lebanon can tell us about inequality worldwide – Aljazeera.com January 1, 2020
What protests in Lebanon can tell us about inequality worldwide Aljazeera.com
- In search of a new economic model for Lebanon, the Socially Responsible Capitalism can help – Hanaa Murad December 31, 2019
It aims at re-engineering the economy and stimulate domestic production through the development of human potential.
- A Government of Masks and a Hunger Revolution | Asharq AL-awsat December 29, 2019
Finally, the end of the catastrophic race. Who gets there first in Lebanon? A technocratic government pulled out of the hats of political wizards and “Your orders, sir”? Or an economic and livelihoods crisis that could bring a storm that destroys the
Source: A Government of Masks and a Hunger Revolution | Asharq AL-awsat
- Lebanon’s ‘wall of shame’ built to keep protesters away from parliament December 27, 2019
Follow international news through our Observers’ amateur images and eyewitness testimony. All the content is verified and explained by our journalists.
Source: Lebanon’s ‘wall of shame’ built to keep protesters away from parliament
- Lebanon is prepared to give Hassan Diab a chance. It has little choice – The National December 26, 2019
Lebanon is prepared to give Hassan Diab a chance. It has little choice The National
- Labour Force and Household Living Conditions Survey (LFHLCS) 2018–2019 Lebanon December 26, 2019
The Labour Force and Household Living Conditions Survey (LFHLCS) 2018-2019 was fully funded by the EU delegation in Lebanon.
- Les conséquences d’une restructuration de la dette du Liban – Oussama A. Nasr* December 26, 2019
Rares sont les observateurs qui doutent encore de la nécessité de régler le problème de la dette publique libanaise. Au-delà du “miracle libanais”, un ratio de la dette sur le PIB de 160 % est…
- The imminent failure of Lebanon’s new prime minister – Al Jazeera English December 25, 2019
The imminent failure of Lebanon’s new prime minister Al Jazeera English
Lebanon heads for meltdown as protesters keep returning to streets The Guardian
In next phase of demonstrations, Lebanon protesters are wielding the ultimate weapon Haaretz
Heavy clashes erupt near Lebanon’s central bank – Xinhua | English.news.cn Xinhua
US ‘unclear’ on whether Lebanon’s designated Prime Minister can form a government The National
View full coverage ...
- Is Lebanon Becoming A Real Nation? December 24, 2019
Amir Asmar is a Department of Defense analyst and CFR’s national intelligence fellow. Throughout his intelligence career, his primary area of focus h…
Source: Is Lebanon Becoming A Real Nation?